What is Gincident?
- Gincident is your virtual world to everything gin! It’s the most convenient and comprehensive way to buy gin and all the accompaniments online in South Africa.
- The aim of Gincident is to provide first-time gin shoppers with the chance to discover both affordable and must-have gins, produced locally and internationally, as well as give experienced ginnoiseurs the chance to try new and noteworthy gins.
How do I place an order?
- Placing an order on Gincident is very easy. Simply choose a delivery address, select the items while browsing the menu and checkout. That’s it!
What are the requirements to place an order?
- To be able to place an order on Gincident, you must be 18 years or older (ID verification required), have a smartphone, a valid credit/debit card and reside within South Africa and the areas in which we serve (see FAQ “Which areas does Gincident cover?”)
Can I only buy gin on Gincident?
- Consider us your one-stop online gin shop. Here you will find everything you need to create the perfect G&T including garnishes and tonics – even glass & barware (coming soon).
How do I pay for my order?
- Gincident is a cashless delivery service. No need to have your wallet on hand, no need to carry cash with you. You only need to create an account on the app and register your debit/credit card once off.
How do I know my order went through?
- Once your order has been successfully placed, you will be able to track your delivery in real-time. You will also be able to contact our customer service team directly for any order queries.
When do you deduct money from my debit/credit card?
- Money will be deducted from your credit/debit card as soon as the store has confirmed that all items are in stock and your payment has reflected as being successful. Should an item not be in stock, you will be notified once stock becomes available, or have the option to choose a substitution.
How long does the delivery take?
- Depending on where you want it delivered to, it can take anywhere between 2 (two) and 5 (five) working days.
Are there delivery fees?
- Orders below R1000 require a R125 delivery fee.
Must the order be above a certain value?
- There is no set minimum value for orders, but delivery fees do apply to orders below R1000.
Can I place a big order and split the bill with friends?
- Online credit/debit card payments are a once-off payment of the full amount charged to a single card. However, the option of splitting a larger order amount can be done when paying via EFT, using the same order reference number with each payment. Keep in mind that in this instance, the order will only be processed for shipment once the full amount has been received.
Which South African cities and areas does Gincident cover?
- Currently, we serve most of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban. Keep an eye on our website for the latest updates.
Is it safe to enter my debit/credit card info?
- Yes, of course! Gincident uses safe encryption systems to securely store your payment information. Gincident does not have direct access to your payment info and none of your credit card details are stored on our servers.
What is Gincident’s operating hours?
- We only operate from Mondays to Fridays from 09:00 – 17:00. Any orders or queries made outside the operating hours will not be processed until the next available work date.
Can I schedule a delivery?
- Orders can be scheduled for delivery on a future date by sending a request to [email protected] with the full details.
What shipping methods are available?
- The Courier Guys
How can I cancel or change my order?
- If you need a refund, a cancellation fee of 15% of your total order value will be charged and the refund will be made within 5-10 working days. Alternatively, save the full value of your cancelled order’s value as a credit on your account that can be used towards your next order.
Who should I contact if I have any queries?